May 15, 2018
We’re pleased to announce the release of Saola Animate 2.0 with many new and enhanced functionalities. Saola Animate 2.0 represents a major step toward making Saola Animate the ultimate solution for HTML5 animation and interactive web content.
1. Responsive Layout
The mobile age brings up a forever question: how to make sure your content look good across all devices and screen sizes. Saola Animate now has an answer to that question.
Saola Animate 2.0 includes:
- AutoFit feature to automatically scale the page without changing the proportion to fit it into the browser window or the container’s area.
- Flexible layout – which exists from the previous version – to control how elements are positioned and scaled when the page resizes.
- Auto size unit to preserve elements’ aspect ratio while being scaled (while the page is responding to the screen size changes).
- Responsive layout – which you’ve all been waiting for – to make the page respond to the browser size at any given point. Define the so-called breakpoints which divide all possible screen sizes into layouts, then tailor each layout specifically for the corresponding screen size. You are now able to give the optimal viewing experience across different devices and screen sizes.
Good news is that you are not limited to just one method. Instead, you can combine any of them to create the responsive content you want. You can also create responsive symbols to reuse content in responsive documents.
2. Google/System Fonts
You are no longer restrained by the handful of choices that web safe fonts provide. Now you can get consistent, beautiful typography across browsers and devices by using hundreds of free fonts from Google Fonts library. System fonts on your computer are another good choice. When using system fonts, consider embedding fonts in the HTML5 output so that text will maintain appearance no matter the font installation on end-users’ computer.
3. Script Resources: JS, CSS, HTML
4. HTML/CSS Template Editing
Saola Animate 2.0 supports the ability to edit the HTML and CSS template from within the program. Using this feature, you don’t have to export the project to add the code to the file.
5. Class Name Property
6. Freeform Drawings
Freeform drawing tools let you create lightweight vector graphics for the artwork in your document. Draw straight lines, curves, or mimic hand-drawing, and combine your drawings and a wide variety of predefined shapes to express your own style and creativity.
7. Perpetual License Model
Along with yearly subscription, you can purchase a perpetual license for Saola Animate. Perpetual license means you pay once for the license and own it outright, plus a one year email support. You will also get one year’s FREE upgrades to major versions and volume discounts. For details about pricing policy, see Pricing.
Besides the above new features, Saola Animate 2.0 includes the following significant enhancements.
1. Enhanced Event Actions Editor
The Event Handlers editor now has a new toolbar containing more buttons to add, order, copy, and remove actions. You can copy actions to the same or another event, and even copy all event actions of an element to another. The enhancement helps streamline your interactivity-adding process.
2. Powerful HTML Widgets
HTML Widget elements now become more powerful. They can display not only URLs but also imported HTML and SVG files.
3. Customizable HTML Output Resource Location
Saola Animate 2.0 lets you customize the location for the HTML5 output resource folder. You are free to choose where to store the HTML5 output resources and how to name the folder.
4. Restore Images/Videos to Original Size
You often work with images and videos to create websites as they are two of the best and most common forms of multimedia. While editing images/videos, chances are you want to revert them to their original size. This is where the new Restore Original Size option comes in. The option works at anytime without affecting images/videos’ other properties except the size property.
And many other bugs fixed and performance improvements!
Get Saola Animate 2.0
You are our wonderful customers who play an important role in making Saola Animate better. Thanks to everyone who has tried Saola Animate, made suggestions, and reported bugs. We are looking forward to seeing what you create with Saola Animate 2.0.
Download 30-day free trial version and give it a try now!