In creating a project or expressing a presentation, a spotlight is used for highlighting information and drawing the audience’s attention to a specified part of the screen. Saying, a spotlight object retains the original brightness within the spotlight shape and darkens the rest of the screen. This creates an effect like we are watching a dark screen with a search light. In this article, I will show you how to do that step by step in ActivePresenter – The best elearning software ever..
Insert a Spotlight
To insert a spotlight, take the following steps:
Step 1: Open the ANNOTATION tab. (1)
Step 2: Click Spotlight icon. (2)
Adjust the Spotlight
After that, you will see a spotlight appears in the Canvas, take further steps to adjust it:
Step 3: Resize and reposition the spotlight.
- Click, hold and drag its green handles to change its size and direction. (3)
- Then drag to place it where you want to.
This oval Spotlight is the default shape that ActivePresenter inserts for you. You can choose the right one for your work by taking following steps:
Step 4 (Optional): Change the spotlight shape.
- Open the FORMAT tab. (4)
- Click the Change Shape icon
- Select the new shape that you like. (5)
Step 5: Further customize the spotlight.
If you want to have more adjustments for your Spotlight so as to make it more customizable, go to the Properties Pane and do as followings:
- Change the Spotlight Name. (6)
- Change Time and Transition Effect in the Timing and Animations section. (7)
You can also adjust the spotlight Start Time and Duration by dragging the object along the Timeline.
- Change the Spotlight Style. (8)
Delete the Spotlight
Now, if you no longer want to use a spotlight, just delete it:
- Right-click it and choose Delete from the pop-up menu.
- Or just select it and press Delete key on your keyboard.