Purpose and Scope
This policy discloses what information we gather about you when you visit atomisystems.com or any other website that Atomi Systems controls (“Website”) or when you buy products or services directly from us via this Website. It describes how we use your information and how you can control it.
Whatever individually identifiable information we may have about you, you may at any time ask us to stop using it (see Choice / Opt-out section below).
Information Atomi Systems Gathers and Tracks
Atomi Systems and its subsidiaries (“Atomi Systems”) collect and use two kinds of information about our web users:
1. data that users volunteer to provide by
- subscribing to the Atomi Systems Newsletters
- registering for white papers, webinars (i.e. web seminars) or other events that Atomi Systems hosts (e.g. User Conference)
- voluntary registering in conjunction with a download
- contacting Atomi Systems
- through the “Contact Us” button on the Website
- entering contests
- completing surveys
- buying directly from us via this Website or downloading the Atomi Systems software products
- registering as a partner
- reporting support incidents to Atomi Systems; and
2. aggregated tracking data we collect when users interact with us.
Personal Information You Provide to Atomi Systems
Our Website offers various options to contact us and to provide personal information to Atomi Systems. If you decide to provide personal information to us you may at any time at your convenience opt-out of any future use of your data and request the deletion of information you have provided to us before (see Choice / Opt-out section below).
When you complete the Atomi Systems Contact and Questions Form you have to provide the following mandatory information: first and last name, e-mail address, state/province, country, ZIP/postal code, subject, your question/comments, and the intended primary use of Atomi Systems products/services. Atomi Systems may add further mandatory fields such as the version of the Atomi Systems software you intend to use.
When you register for a white paper or webinar you are asked to provide your first and last name, job function, company/organization, primary business activity, e-mail address, state/province, country, ZIP/postal code, and the intended primary use of Atomi Systems products/services. Atomi Systems may add further mandatory fields.
If you want to purchase products from the Atomi Systems Online Shop you have to register and open an AtomiSystems.com account. In order to accept your order, we have to receive from you the correct primary address, valid credit card, and technical contact information. Atomi Systems may entrust third parties to operate all or part of the Atomi Systems Online Shop in the future without further notice to you, subject to a written agreement that includes provisions relating to data processing.
When you register as a partner you will have to provide contact names, e-mail address, phone number and your company’s address. Atomi Systems may add further mandatory fields.
When you report support incidents based on your support agreement with Atomi Systems it will be mandatory to select the severity level of the incident, summarize it, provide relevant technical data and the contact information so that the Atomi Systems Support Team can investigate the incident and provide feedback to you. Atomi Systems may add further mandatory fields.
We may run voluntary contests or surveys on our site in which we ask our users for contact information (like the e-mail address). For any other activity, the registration form or survey will provide the categories of data that you should complete if you like to participate.
In addition to the uses specified above, we may also ask you for your voluntary and informed consent to collect and use personal information that you provide to us for a specific purpose. You will be informed about the purpose of the data processing.
Atomi Systems may decide to change the composition of the data forms on the Website at any time without prior notice. You may decide to provide or not to provide your personal information as described above each time you send such information via our Website.
Specific Purposes to Use Your Personal Information
We use your personal information to send you information, contact you, fulfill orders, and for other uses described below as the case may be. The specific use of your personal information varies, depending on how you contact us. For instance:
- When you subscribe to the public Atomi Systems mailing lists to receive Atomi Systems news and product information, you must provide your correct email address. Please note that Atomi Systems mailing lists are archived by several third party sites and your email address can be found from their archives. Atomi Systems doesn’t operate or have control over those archives.
- When you order or download any Atomi Systems product or service or request information from us or register for a white paper or Webinar, we add you to our mailing lists and will contact you from time to time with respect to Atomi Systems related issues. We may also occasionally share such information with selected Atomi Systems resellers and partners who may contact you to further discuss your needs for additional products and services.
- When you enter a contest or survey, we may ask for your name, address, and email address so we can administer the contest and notify winners. You may also decide to enter a contest or survey in an anonymous mode without our ability to identify you as a winner.
- In general, we use your contact information from the entry form to send you information about our company and its products, or to contact you when it becomes necessary (notices like updates, patches, etc.).
Access to Your Personal Information
We will disclose your personal information in order to comply with applicable law, to respond to legal demands such as subpoena or search warrants, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Atomi Systems and our users. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
In addition, Atomi Systems and its partners or sponsors may engage in joint events or resell each others products. Such promotions will always reference the partners involved. Both Atomi Systems and the partner(s) will have access to the information you provide when you register for such joint or sponsored event on the Website. We may also entrust a partner or third party to contact our users in order to promote the Atomi Systems products and services.
Aggregated Tracking Information
We analyze visitors’ use of our sites by tracking information such as pageviews, traffic flow, search terms, and click through.
Our website also automatically captures IP addresses of our visitors. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our Website, analyze trends and behavior patterns, track user movement, gather demographic information for aggregate use and help ensure the security of your interaction with the website.
We use this tracking information to improve our sites, to make customized information and offers available to our users (e.g. advertisements) and to understand purchasing habits of our customers. We also share this anonymous traffic and demographic information in aggregate form with advertisers and other business partners. We do not share any information with advertisers that can identify an individual user.
Disclaimer for Links
This Website contains links to other sites. Atomi Systems is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other sites even if Atomi Systems doesn’t expressly disclaim the liability for a linked site. You may determine whether or not Atomi Systems is responsible for the content of the site by reviewing the URL and confirming the ownership of the applicable domain by means of a service such as whois.com.
Our Website has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. All the data regarding users, their computers’ system information and benchmark results are stored on one or more servers in Vietnam and the United States of America. The servers are located in a locked or guarded space at our own or an entrusted third party facility and are generally only accessible by authorized Atomi Systems personnel. In emergency cases or to maintain our servers third parties may have access to them.
Notification of Changes
If we decide to use personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, we will notify users via email. Users will be able to opt out of or, if legally required in the country concerned, to opt into any new use of their personal information.
Our Website provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and from our partners at the point where we request information about the user.
This site also gives users the following options for removing their information from our database so that they no longer receive future communications or access to our other services:
1. You can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org , stating your request.
2. You can reply to any unwanted communications that you receive, stating your request or unsubscribe.
Reviewing personal data
You can review and validate the information, that we have collected about you by sending an email to email@example.com and requesting a review of your personal data. You may be asked to present documentation that identifies you as the person whose data is concerned.
Contacting the WebSite
If you have any questions or comments about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this WebSite, we welcome you to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.