If you are looking for a website that helps you generate speech from text, here is the list of the 5 best AI voice generators that will be worth your consideration.
AI voice generator is a great assistant to teachers, educators, or content creators who want to add narrations to their work without using their real voice. That said, AI voice makers use artificial intelligence and algorithms to generate voiceovers that sound like natural human voices. With these tools, you can convert written text into human-like speech. You can also customize the speech to sound like someone of a different age, gender, or accent. Thanks to realistic voice simulations, AI voices are popularly utilized in creating content for YouTube, audiobooks, lectures, and more.
Understanding the need to find the best AI voiceover that suits your requirements, we’ll explore the list of 5 best AI voice generators available today.
#1. Amazon Polly
Amazon Polly is a text-to-speech system offered by tech giant Amazon. This AI voice generator employs advanced techniques that have the ability to turn written text into a natural-sounding voice. What makes its charm is the ease of use.
- You have dozens of language choices including British English, American English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, and more.
- You can control and customize the speech output such as accents, pitch, speech rate, and styles through Speech Synthesis Markup Language (SSML) tags.
- The AI speech generator stores audio in standard formats like MP3 and OGG.
- Amazon Polly sports an API that lets you easily integrate to build speech-activated applications. You can see one of its applications is the integration into ActivePresenter. The educational software enables you to generate AI voices while editing YouTube videos or building eLearning courses without going anywhere.
- With AWS Free Tier, you will get 5 million characters free per month for 12 months.
- Amazon Polly also offers Pay-as-you-go plan that is usage-based billing. That means the amount you’re billed depends on how much you use.
When it comes to AI voice-over, Murf is one of the best free providers on the market. It enables you to convert text to speech and voice-overs that should work well for videos, audiobooks, and presentations. This generator makes AI voices that are used by a wide range of professionals like educators, marketers, podcasters, or customer supporters.
- You can choose from over 120 text-to-speech voices across 20 languages.
- Over 8,000 licensed soundtracks are available.
- This AI voice generator lets you upload your creatives and match them to your preferred voice through a built-in video editor.
- It also features a voice changer, which enables you to convert a raw home recording into a studio-quality voice.
- AI voices can be customizable by pronunciation, volume, speed, and pitch.
- You can export your work to popular video formats (MP4, MOV) and audio formats (MP3, WAV, FLAC).
- This AI voice generator does offer a free trial. You have access to all 120+ voices and 10 minutes of voice generation.
- The tool also has paid plans, namely Basic, Pro, and Enterprise, ranging from $19 to $75 per user per month, which can meet different requirements and budgets.
Lovo is well-known as a full power of cutting-edge AI voice generator. It claims to be trusted and used by thousands of content creators as well as businesses. This platform helps create compelling content with realistic and human-like voices for education, marketing, games, and more. The simple user interface makes creating voiceovers effortless, especially for people with no prior experience in audio production.
- There are over 500 AI voices in 100 languages for you to choose from, up to 25 emotions for specific tasks.
- Video editing features allow you to modify videos while also generating voiceovers.
- You are able to control AI voices using a pronunciation editor, emphasis, and speed control.
- This AI voice generator provides you with the AI voice cloning feature. That means it will transform your cloned voice into a more polished and professional voice while retaining the accent and nuances of the original voice.
- Lovo’s AI speech generator comes with a Free plan letting you try the first 14-day free trial of the Pro plan.
- There are also three paid plans, which are Basic, Pro, and Pro+ with many more advanced features. The paid plans give you full access to collaboration with your team members.
Speechify is another top free AI voice generator where you can create the best AI voices for your work. It can seamlessly convert every word in PDFs, emails, documents, or articles into a natural-sounding audio. Then text can be listened to rather than read.
- Speechify gives great web-based accessibility with Chrome and Safari extensions. It is also available for iPhone and Android apps.
- The AI voice generator can turn printed text into audible audio with ease.
- It provides over 60 natural-sounding voices with 20+ languages and accents.
- You are able to control AI voice on a word level over pauses, pitch, and pronunciation.
- It supports uploading .txt and .docx scripts, as well as YouTube URLs.
- The Free plan allows you to try 200+ AI voiceovers with 10 minutes of voice generation.
- The Basic and Professional plans enable you to use thousands of stock images and videos. You can also experience much more advanced features such as voice cloning or 60 minutes of AI avatar videos.
Last but not least, it would be an omission when not mentioned to Synthesia on the list. It positions itself as one of the best video generators with dozens of good AI voices. Synthesia uses a built-in text-to-speech function that allows you to generate natural-sounding speech in its video editor. AI video outputs are widely used for explainers, social media, animations, podcasts, and many more.
- You can choose the desired AI voice from a large library of 400 different voices in 120+ languages.
- With Synthesia, you can use your recording to make a voice clone. Voice cloning enables you to use text-to-speech functionality with your own voice.
- Not only providing a diversity of AI male and female voices, this voice generator offers more than 140 AI avatars to make your videos more engaging.
- This AI voice generator offers an AI script assistant.
- Before generating the audio/video, you can listen to the AI voice narrating your text.
- The tool has no free trial.
- The Personal plan costs $22.50 per month billed yearly for 10 minutes of video.
- The Enterprise plan has custom pricing for different customers.
“Best” varies depending on your requirements for the task. Before choosing a suitable AI voice generator, you need to know what you need and want.
Here we have some suggestions that you might find helpful:
If you need good AI voices in multiple languages, both Lovo and Synthesia give you a huge library of languages and accents.
If you are looking for an easy-to-use AI text-to-speech maker that allows you to integrate its API into your application, Amazon Polly is a great choice to consider.
For those who want to upload their home recording and make changes for better quality, Murf is worth checking out.
If you are curious about how to turn document words into speech, then Speechify might be a go.
If generating AI videos with AI voices is what you’re interested in, then Synthesia is worth exploring.
All of the said AI voice generators have lifelike and natural-sounding voices. And you are free to customize these voices as you wish. If in doubt, let’s experience it yourself.