ActivePresenter is a stand-alone powerful authoring tool for eLearning course design. If you need a solution to help track this eLearning content and report the results, SCORM Cloud comes to your aid. Please find below a summary of each tool and their compatibility.
What is SCORM Cloud?
SCORM Cloud is a cloud-based solution for managing, delivering, and tracking eLearning content which is in SCORM, xAPI, AICC, and cmi5 packages. Its intuitive and simple user interface makes it easy to upload eLearning courses and take navigation in the site quickly. Since SCORM Cloud is a hosting platform, it can work perfectly with your pre-made SCORM/xAPI courses. Plus, this solution allows you to import PDF, MP4, and MP3 files. When you upload your courses to SCORM Cloud, you can publish a link to post anywhere or send emails directly to learners.
There are several out-of-the-box reports provided by SCORM Cloud to assist you in tracking course completions, reviewing question details, and more. Reports can be viewed at the course level, learner level, or aggregated. You can also export SCORM Cloud reports for further analysis.
So, have you wondered how to create your own SCORM or xAPI courses to upload? It will turn out to be an easy task with the help of a SCORM/xAPI-fully supported authoring tool like ActivePresenter.
What is ActivePresenter?
ActivePresenter is an all-in-one authoring tool for eLearning design. This tool makes it simple to design responsive, interactive, and media-rich eLearning courses, quizzes, and game-based lessons. ActivePresenter fully supports two common eLearning standards: SCORM (Sharable Content Object Reference Model) including SCORM 1.2 and SCORM 2004, and xAPI (Experience API or Tin Can API). These standardized specifications ensure eLearning courses work seamlessly with most learning management systems (LMS).
In ActivePresenter, eLearning courses can be tracked by LMSs using several tracking options. The options are applied to interaction objects and questions, which are available in the Score & Reporting section (Properties pane > Interactivity tab) in the app.
- Question mode: ActivePresenter comes with 2 question modes, namely Graded and Survey mode. The former allows you to track scores and correct answers to questions. Meanwhile, the latter enables you to keep track of learners’ responses since it doesn’t use scores.
- Report ID: A Report ID represents a unique identifier for each interaction, question, and question answer. Using it, an LMS can identify the different elements that are trackable in a course.
- Points: Points mean score tracking for training courses. ActivePresenter provides you with 3 types of scoring, which are positive, partial, and negative scoring.
- Attempts: Keeping track of the total number of attempts afterward might be helpful if you set an attempt limit for questions.
- Timeout: Using ActivePresenter, you can restrict the time allowed for each question.
Moreover, the Export tab is where you can configure many LMS reporting-related options such as the time limit for the whole course and pass/fail conditions.
ActivePresenter and SCORM Cloud Compatibility
|ActivePresenter package types||SCORM Cloud tracking|
Once learners complete your ActivePresenter courses on SCORM Cloud, you can track completion and results by individual user or group of learners. Here are several common options that are available in both ActivePresenter and SCORM Cloud.
|Additional features||SCORM Cloud tracking|
|Course result (pass/fail)||Yes|
|Number of attempts||Yes|
|Type of interaction||Yes|
Do you have any questions, ask us via firstname.lastname@example.org or user community.