Similar to Multiple Choice questions, Multiple Response questions are widely used to test learners understanding about a certain field or to check their ability to recall information.
Multiple Response questions’ format is much like Multiple Choice’s. In detail, this question type also includes two parts: a stem that identifies the question or problem, and a list of possible answer options. However, with Multiple Response questions, there is more than one correct answer option on the list.
In ActivePresenter 8, Multiple Response is the third question type that you can see in the Questions tab:
This tutorial will show you how to create a Multiple Response question through 6 stages:
- Insert a Multiple Response Question
- Customize a Multiple Response Question
- Set Correct Answer
- Set Score and Reporting
- Add Events – Actions
- Add Feedback Messages
Let’s start right now!
Insert a Multiple Response Question
To insert a Multiple Response question, do either of the following:
- In the Questions tab > Multiple Response
- In the Home tab > Interactions > Multiple Response
Then, you will see a new question slide inserted into your project as in the below image:
As you can see, a Multiple Response question slide has three parts:
- (1) the top text box to add the question title;
- (2) the answer area with four default answer options;
- (3) and the Submit button.
Customize a Multiple Response Question
You can customize a Multiple Response question in the same way you do with other question types in ActivePresenter.
In detail, you can:
- Change the container layout: Access the Properties pane > Size & Properties tab > Container Layout to change the question layout. In this section, ActivePresenter 8 offers you three options: None, Flex, or Grid. Select the layout mode that you want. Then, you can customize its properties.
See Group Layout of Questions for more details.
- Resize the question title (1) and the answer area (2): You can resize these sections by selecting them and dragging the resizing handles. Or, select them, then go to the Properties pane > Size & Properties tab > Transform to adjust or type the value in the Width and Height combo box:
- Insert more answer options: Simply select the answer area (2) and click the plus button:
- Delete answer options: Select one or more answer options and press DELETE on your keyboard. Alternatively, right-click one answer option and select Delete.
- Edit check boxes: Each answer option comes with a check box. Freely format the check boxes by selecting the answer area then accessing the Format tab. Here, you can select the check box style that you like or customize it as you wish.
See Working with Check Boxes and Radio Buttons for further information.
- Edit/ Add text to answer options: You’re free to add or edit the text. To do that, click the default text, then enter your own text.
Tip: After customizing the question, right-click the answer area and select Set as Default Multiple Response Question if you want to reuse it. By doing this way, the next time when you insert a new Multiple Response question, this default question will appear.
Set Correct Answers for Multiple Response Questions
Double-click the check boxes that correspond to the correct answer options to denote that they are the correct answers to the question:
Set Score and Reporting
To set score and reporting for a Multiple Response question, select the answer area of the question. Then, go to the Properties pane > Interactivity tab > Score & Reporting.
This section provides a lot of useful options to:
- (4) measure learners performance (select the Graded mode) or collect learners feedback or information (select the Survey mode);
- (5) track learners results;
- (6) mix up answer options when the question is presented to learners;
- (7) set points for correct answers;
- (8) set the maximum attempts that learners can interact with the question;
- (9) set a time limit which only allows learners to respond to the question in the given period of time.
For more details, see How to Create Interactive Quizzes in ActivePresenter 8.
Add Events and Actions
ActivePresenter offers default events and actions for Multiple Response questions. Generally, a Multiple Response question has four default events for the Graded mode (On Correct, On Incorrect, On Incomplete, and On Timeout) and three for the Survey mode (On Complete, On Incomplete, and On Timeout).
If you’ve selected the Graded mode, here what you’ll see:
You can remove, change, or make events and actions for Multiple Response questions more advanced as you wish. To do that, first, select the answer area. Then, access the Properties pane > Interactivity tab > Events – Actions.
See Working with Events – Actions to learn more.
Add Feedback Messages
ActivePresenter automatically adds default feedback messages for Multiple Response questions. These default feedback messages can be Correct Feedback, Incorrect Feedback, Try Again Feedback, Incomplete Feedback, and Timeout Feedback (for the Graded mode) or Complete Feedback, Incomplete Feedback, and Timeout Feedback (for the Survey mode). Bear in mind that you can delete, change, or add more if necessary.
See Working with Feedback Messages to get more details.
Now, you’ve learned how to use Multiple Response questions in ActivePresenter 8. Download the app right now and start creating fun interactive quizzes.