In this tutorial, we will show you typical techniques on how to copy, cut, and delete slides in ActivePresenter 8. About the ways to insert slides, please refer to this tutorial. ActivePresenter allows you to copy, cut, and paste slides in one project or from one to another project.
Step 1: Select the slide that you want to copy in the Slides pane on the left side:
- For multiple sequential slides: click the first slide, press and hold SHIFT, and then click the last slide that you want. Alternatively, you can click the first slide, press and hold SHIFT, and then press the down arrow key until you get to the last slide.
- For multiple non-sequential slides: press and hold CTRL, and then click any slide that you want.
Step 2: Choose any of the following to copy slides.
- Press CTRL+C.
- In the Home tab > Copy .
- Right-click selected slides and click Copy .
Step 3: Select the slide that you want your copied slide to follow. Then, choose any of the following to paste slide.
- Press CTRL+V.
- In the Tabbed Toolbar > Paste . Then, select Paste (Use Destination Theme) to take the theme of the destination presentation. This will adapt the copied slide to match the destination theme. Or click Paste (Keep Source Formatting) to maintain the theme of the presentation you are copying from. This will keep its original theme format.
- Right-click selected slides, and then click Paste or Paste (Keep Source Formatting) .
- These two Paste options are also available for objects.
- When you press CTRL + V or select Paste from the context menu, the change is similar to when you click Paste (Use Destination Theme) in the Home tab.
Step 1: In the Slides pane on the left, select one or more slides that you want to cut.
Step 2: Do any of these ways to cut slides.
- Press CTRL+X.
- In the Home tab > Cut .
- Right-click selected slides > Cut .
Step 3: Do the same as when you paste slides after copying them as above.
Note: To copy/cut slides in a project and paste them into another, just open these projects simultaneously. Then, follow the same steps as mentioned above.
To rearrange the order of slides, in the slide pane on the left, click the slide that you want to move, and then drag it to the new location. Keep in mind that you cannot drag slides when the view mode is Slides in Titles.
Step 1: Select the slide that you want to delete from the Slides pane.
Hold CTRL or SHIFT while clicking to select multiple slides.
Step 2: Press the DELETE key on your keyboard.
Or, you can right-click the selected slides and select Delete from the context menu.
Now that you’ve learned how to copy, cut, and delete slides in ActivePresenter 8. Use them when you want to reuse your slides within a project or across multiple projects. Download ActivePresenter and start creating your own project now!