Footer is useful when you want to add some fixed elements like slide number, date, or specific information on every presentation slide. Let’s learn how to add a footer in ActivePresenter 9 through today’s article.
The article covers 3 main parts as follows:
Keep reading to learn more!
Add a Footer
ActivePresenter 9 allows you to add a footer to a specific slide or multiple slides at the same time. Perform the following:
Step 1: Select a slide in the Slides pane on the left side.
Step 2: Access the Insert tab > click Footer. After that, a Slide Footer dialog will appear like this.
Step 3: Work with options (1, 2, 3) in the Slide Footer dialog to insert footers. These options will be described later.
Step 4: (Optional) To hide the date, text, and slide number on the title slide, select Don’t show on title slide (4).
Step 5: Click Apply to save the changes. To apply the changes to all slides in the current project, click Apply to All.
Then, you see your footer section in ActivePresenter 9 slide as the screenshot below:
Add Date to Slides
To make the date appear on slides, select the Date checkbox (1). Then, ActivePresenter 9 offers you two options:
- Update Automatically: Select it if you want the date to reflect the current date each time you open or print the project. You can choose the date format from the list. For example, mm/dd/yyyy, mm/dd/yy, dd/mm/yyyy, dd/mm/yy, yyyy/mm/dd, or yy/mm/dd.
- Fixed: Select it to set the date to a specific date. Just enter the exact date you want into the Fixed box. After that, the date remains the same no matter when or where you edit or deliver your presentation.
Add Slide Numbers to Slides
To add page numbers, select the Slide Number checkbox (2). For the detailed procedure, see How to Add Slide Names and Numbers in ActivePresenter 9.
Add Footer Text to Slides
Here you can add a message, copyright, or anything else you want to appear on slides. To add a footer text in ActivePresenter 9, select the Footer checkbox (3). Then, type your text in the Footer box.
Note: In case the Slide Footer doesn’t appear on any slide, the placeholders for these items might be removed from the Slide Master or specific slide layouts. To show Slide Footer again, open the Slide Master and select Footers in the Slide Master tab toolbar. See How to work with Slide Masters for more information.
Customize a Footer
After adding Slide Footer to slides in ActivePresenter 9, you can reposition, format, and style footer elements on a specific slide or on multiple slides at once.
- To customize footer elements on a slide, apply the same steps as when you do this with a normal shape. See Inserting and Styling a Shape for more details.
- To customize footer elements on multiple slides at the same time, use Slide Master. Note that the changes you’ve made only affect footer elements on slides that use the same Slide Master as the selected slide. It has nothing to do with footer elements on slides that apply to other Slide Masters.
Remove a Footer
You’re free to remove footer elements on a specific slide or all slides. Do any of the following:
- Click a date/footer text/slide number placeholder and press DELETE.
- Right-click a placeholder and select Delete.
To remove the Slide Footer of all slides in ActivePresenter 9, access the Insert tab > Footer. Then, deselect the Date, Slide Number, and Footer checkboxes. Click Apply to All to finish.
So, that’s how to add a footer to your presentation in ActivePresenter 9. Remember to use this technique to add footer-type information to your slide. If you need any assistance when using the app, kindly contact us via the online user community.
Download ActivePresenter and start creating your own project now.