When you need to add silence to your audio or pause a video clip for a certain amount of time to explain something, the Insert time feature in ActivePresenter 9 will give you a hand.
Concerning editing videos, the Insert time feature helps you a lot. This means you can insert frozen time into an audio track or a video clip to pause the playing media. Once the added time is out, the media will continue to play.
This tutorial covers:
Add Silence to Audio/Video Clip
Basically, the Insert Time feature works on both audio and video objects. So, take the following steps to insert time:
Step 1: Select one or more audio/video objects. Hold CTRL while clicking to select multiple of them.
Step 2: Seek the Playhead along the timeline to the position where you want to pause the track.
Step 3: In the Timeline pane > click the Insert Time button (1). This opens the Insert Time dialog.
You specify the duration of the silence you want to add to the track, then click OK.
Tip: You can use the default value in the Insert Time dialog (2000 ms) and change the duration later when the silence is added in the Timeline pane.
After that, ActivePresenter will add silence to the selected track(s) at the Playhead position. The silence added is represented as the yellow bar.
Customize the Added Silence
In general, the length of the yellow bar is adjusted to the duration you have defined in Step 3 above. However, you can customize the start time and duration of the inserted time as you want:
- Drag the whole bar along the timeline to change the start time.
- Drag the right-side edge of the yellow bar to the right or left to increase or decrease the duration of the added time respectively.
Tip: By default, the Timeline Snapping mode is on to help you drag the added time bar and select timestamp more precisely. However, in case it is off, access the View tab and click Timeline Snapping.
- The Insert time feature also works on other types of objects in ActivePresenter. If you don’t select any video/audio object, ActivePresenter will insert frozen time in the entire slide. Otherwise, if there is any object in the selected range or at the Playhead position, time is also inserted in that object. Other objects will not be affected at all.
- Each inserted time extends the host track by its duration. In other words, if you insert an n-second pause in an audio/video track, its total duration will be increased by n seconds.
- You can insert any number of pauses in a track. However, the two pauses cannot overlap each other.
Delete Added Silence
To remove added silence from the host track, you drag the yellow bar downward until it turns gray and release the mouse button.
As a result, the added time will disappear and the duration of the host track will be reduced. Obviously, the video/audio track will go back to its original properties.
That’s enough to know how to add silence to audio/video clips in ActivePresenter 9. Don’t hesitate to use and master this feature. Together with other video editing tools, you will have the best videos possible.
Download the app and try the feature for free!